Freemasonry is the oldest, largest, and most widely recognized fraternal organization in the world. Founded in London, England in 1717, community outreach has long been the bedrock of our order. The membership of University Lodge #631 has elected to offer one scholarship to graduating seniors from local high schools or families of University Lodge members, to assist his or her pursuit of higher education. This scholarship will be a one-time award valued at $2,500. Criteria for selection include scholastic achievement, financial need, community involvement, and participation in extracurricular activities. Applications are due no later than May 1st.
Requirements for Application:
- Complete the attached scholarship application form.
- Submit a brief personal statement describing why you would like to pursue further education and explain how this scholarship could affect your plans. Please keep submissions to 250 words or less.
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation.
- Please attach a resumé detailing your extracurricular activities, community involvement, work experience, leadership positions, honors & awards, etc.
- A copy of your transcript is requested for grade verification.